Auronum

Live prices
  • Gold £1,903.00 oz 1.61%
  • Silver £24.75 oz 5.52%
  • Platinum £871.15 oz 2.23%
Gold 1.61%
£1,903.00 oz
Silver 5.52%
£24.75 oz
Platinum 2.23%
£871.15 oz
Gold 1.61%
£1,903.00 oz
Silver 5.52%
£24.75 oz
Platinum 2.23%
£24.75 oz
Montenegro Gold Coins

Montenegro Gold Perpera



The Montenegro Gold Perpera coins are largely unknown by most investors as they do not tend to frequent the market often. There were three denominations struck, all as one-year types with limited mintages. The Perpera was Montenegro's national currency between 1906 and 1918

Montenegro considered adopting the Perpera in the late 1990s, but they opted to use the German Deutsche mark in 2001, before this was replaced by the Euro despite Montenegro not being an EU member. Each coin is a one-year type but two different Gold 10 Perpera coins were released, each in 1910. The difference is subtle, with different transcripts and the direction of Nikola I changing. The left-facing effigy shows Nikola I wearing a Laurette, this being the Golden Jubilee version

The left-facing Laurette bearing version of the Gold 10 Perpera has a mintage of 35,003 coins, the right-facing version has a mintage of 40,000. The Gold 20 Perpera coin also saw two different types in the same year. This follows the exact design of the two 10 Perpera variations with a left-facing Laurette head portrait for the King's Golden Jubilee year. The mintages for the larger Gold 20 Perpera coins vary to their smaller peers, the Jubilee coin design was limited to 30,003 whilst the standard version saw a similar 30,000 coins released

Gold Jubilee 10 Perpera

3.38g

Mintage: 35,003


Out of stock



Live Buy Now
Live Sell Back

£214.04

£197.29

Gold Montenegro 10 Perpera

3.38g

Mintage: 40,000


Out of stock



Live Buy Now
Live Sell Back

£214.04

£197.29

Both coins with the 10 Perpera denomination tend to be evenly priced, similar mintages and a little difference in design mean that demand for each design does not vary by much in the market

The coins in this range are .900 fine Gold, making them 90% Gold. The remaining 10% is mostly copper to ensure that the coin is more durable and less likely to be damaged as copper is a harder metal than Gold


Gold Jubilee 20 Perpera

6.78g

Mintage: 30,003


Out of stock



Live Buy Now
Live Sell Back

£429.34

£392.00

View

Gold Montenegro 20 Perpera

6.78g

Mintage: 30,000


Out of stock



Live Buy Now
Live Sell Back

£429.34

£392.00

View

The actual design of the coin features Montenegro's royal arms, with the double-headed Eagle which is associated strongly to Russia bearing a crown. The background shows the pulled curtains as seen in other European Gold coins

The script encompassing King Nikola is translated from Latin as 'Nicholas I Prince and Ruler of Montenegro'. The 20 Perpera are not Latin Currency Union compliant, as their weight exceeds the standard 6.45g used under the currency union


Gold Montenegro 100 Perpera

33.88g


Out of stock



Live Buy Now
Live Sell Back

£2,145.13

£1,958.59

 

Unknown to most European Gold coin investors, there was a very exclusive mintage of 100 Perpera Gold proof coins produced. The mintage was just 300 coins which makes it likely that these were intended as gifts for the King to allocate at his discretion

These coins are extremely difficult to purchase as they are very seldom seen in the market and when seen, command high premiums as one might expect for such a beautiful rarity

A similar version with the King bearing a laurel wreath was introduced for the King's Golden Jubilee with 501 pieces known according to the Standard Catalog of World Coins whilst the bear-headed effigy saw a smaller mintage of 25 coins struck. All coins within this limited range were produced on behalf of Montenegro in the Vienna Mint, Italy


More From Auronum

Similar Products



0
Spend £300.00 more to get free GB shipping
Your Cart is empty!

It looks like you haven't added any items to your cart yet.

Browse Products
Join Waitlist We will inform you when the product arrives in stock. Please leave your valid email address below